We have made some alterations to keep you and our team healthy during this pandemic. Please know that we have opted to re-schedule many appointments, and we are screening all patients prior to upcoming appointments. Please be aware of the following operational changes regarding Compass Medical Physiatry:
Dr. Maguire & Elissa Peixoto, PA in East Bridgewater
Mondays through Fridays
Consultations, follow-ups and EMG Testing
Call (508) 350-2150 to schedule an appointment
Physiatry is a broad medical specialty with crossover between orthopedics, neurology, and rheumatology in the problems we evaluate and treat. We offer full evaluations, diagnosis, education, and conservative (non-surgical) treatment plans for musculoskeletal conditions. We are committed to improving function and quality of life for all of our patients. Although most of our patients have pain, we are not pain management providers. If we determine that surgery is indicated or an individual truly needs pain medication management, we will facilitate these referrals. We are also a valuable resource for patients who may be considering surgery, and are looking for a second opinion from a non-surgical specialist. We offer exercise and lifestyle advice for optimal health and highest physical functional ability. If we have seen you in the past and a new issue develops that we may be able to help you with, you may call our office directly to schedule: 508-350-2150.
In our practice, we offer diagnosis, education, and treatment options for the majority of “musculoskeletal” problems. This includes, but is not limited to, symptoms in the spine, neck, low back, joints (shoulder, knees, or hips for example), muscles (spasm, tight muscles, strains), tendons (tendinitis of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, Achilles, etc), bursae (bursitis of the shoulder, knee, hip for example). We will evaluate nerve symptoms in the arms and legs and if nerve testing (EMG) is needed, we can schedule this here with us.
We offer the same injections you might receive in an orthopedic surgeon’s office to treat pain in the knee, shoulder, carpal tunnel/wrist, or elbow, to name a few. We also offer muscle injections “trigger point injections”, to treat muscle spasm and pain. These injections are typically very effective for muscle strains, such as whiplash injuries to the muscles of the neck or chronic poor posture effects.
Nerve conduction studies/electromyography or “EMG” is a test for the nerves and muscles. In the first part of the test, surface electrodes are placed over each relevant muscle, stimulation is applied to the nerve that goes to the muscle, and a signal is recorded. The second part of the test involves a very small needle that is placed superficially in the muscle to record the electrical signal, which reflects the health of the nerve. The test evaluates nerve and muscle function. It does not record intensity of pain.
Please call our direct line at 508-350-2150 with any questions regarding our practice.
- muscle strains, muscle spasm, tendinitis, bursitis, MSK injury, conservative second opinion for patients considering an orthopedic procedure.
- Neck Pain (postural, muscular, facet, disc, radiculopathy)
- Shoulder (rotator cuff tendinitis/tears, bursitis, and impingement)
- Elbow (epicondylitis)
- Wrist (carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, deQuervains)
- Thoracic Pain (postural, muscular, facet, disc)
- Lumbar Pain (muscular, discogenic, facet, spinal stenosis, gait)
- Hip (bursitis, OA, tendinitis, Sacro-iliac)
- Knee (patellar tendinitis, meniscal tear, OA, pes anserine bursitis, chondromalacia patella)
- Ankle (strain, sprain)
What we DON’T see:
- Chronic pain syndromes, fibromyalgia, systemic rheumatologic disease diagnosis and management, chronic opioid medication management, disability evaluations
- Trigger point injections (muscular for upper trap and cervical muscular pain most commonly)
- Greater Occipital Nerve Block
- Shoulder joint: intra-articular, AC joint
- Epicondylitis: medial and lateral
- De Quervain’s
- Carpal Tunnel
- Trigger Finger
- Knee joint: intra-articular, pes anserine bursitis
- Hip region: trochanteric bursitis, gluteus medius bursitis
What we DON’T do:
- Hip intra-articular, sacro-iliac joint, spinal facet, spinal epidural
- CTS, ulnar neuropathy, cervical and lumbar radiculopathy, polyneuropathy, myopathy, motor neuron disease. We do not do repetitive stim, facial nerve, or thoracic conductions.
Southeast Medical Center
1 Compass Way, East Bridgewater, MA 02333 | Suite 205
P: (508) 350-2150 | F: (508) 350-2151
Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs: 8am-4pm Wed: Closed Fri: 7:30am-3:30pm